Zach is a graduate of Aliso Niguel High School in Aliso Viejo, Calif., where he was coached by Craig Hanson.
• Hit .447 as a senior (2008) and was named South Coast All-League.
• Was a three-year scholar-athlete honoree.
• Played for the Milwaukee Brewers Area Code team and was named Team San Diego's Co-MVP in the Baseball Resource SoCal Cup.
• Also played summer ball for the Quakes Baseball Academy.
• A two-sport standout, lettered three years as a point guard for the basketball team.
• Earned team defensive player of the year honors as a junior (2006-07).
• Was named most valuable player as a freshman (2004-05), leading the Wolverines to the Division I state championship.
Senior Year Highlights:
• Played in 26 games during his senior campaign, including six starts (four at first base, two in left field).
• Used primarily as a pinch-hitter, he hit .176 with two doubles, three RBIs, and three stolen bases.
• Defensively, he posted an impressive .983 fielding percentage while playing first base and left-field for the Vols in 2013.
• Started two games at the USA Baseball Irish Classic in Cary, N.C., recording a hit against both UMass and Virginia Tech.
• Had a single and a walk in a 5-4 win over Western Kentucky on March 13.
Junior Year Highlights:
• Played in 46 games in his first year at Rocky Top, including 43 starts, all at third base.
• Hit .245 with five doubles, six RBIs and eight stolen bases.
• Opened his time at Tennessee with a five-game hitting streak, including a 3-for-4, two-double effort against Northern Illinois on Feb. 18.
• As UT's leadoff hitter on Opening Day, he was hit by a pitch to kick off the 2012 campaign.
• Was particularly effective against left-handed pitching, hitting .309 (17-for-55).
• Posted nine multi-hit efforts and laid down five sac bunts.
Junior College Highlights:
• In 2011, led Fullerton Junior College with a .346 batting average and was the team RBI leader with 24.
• Had seven stolen bases, a .391 slugging percentage, 22 runs scored, 46 hits, 52 total bases, and .927 fielding percentage.
• Named to the 2011 Orange Empire All-Conference Team.
• Hit .304 with five RBIs and scored nine runs at Orange Coast College in 2010. • Helped the Pirates to a 19-17 record.
Zach's bio is used courtesy of the University of Tennessee and UTsports.com